Pastors deserve appreciation for their labor of love to God’s flocks.
Pastors are like doctors—on call 24/7. Pastors are like “super heroes”, expected to leap over pulpits with a single shout, do and be everything to everyone. Some are like the nursery rhyme character “old mother Hubbard”; they have so many children they don’t know what to do. Pastor suicides have increased. All people, including pastors, need to be shown appreciation.
Pastor Appreciation Month was established in October 1992 to uplift and encourage pastors, missionaries and religious workers. The Bible instructs Christians to esteem very highly those over them in the Lord for their work.
I’ve always appreciated pastors. Now that I’m a pastor, I have a greater appreciation for them.
I offer special thanks and love to my pastor, Rev. Gregory J. Jackson and First Lady Barbara Jackson. I am indebted to Pastor Jackson for his leadership and service to me and my family, opportunities to serve, exhortations, affirmations, support and innumerable ministry and life lessons.
I also greatly appreciate the following who formerly served as my pastors and for what they taught me:
• Pastor K. Irma Green – perseverance, praising God and the value of ministry preparation
• Pastor John Spencer – significance of salvation and Bible study
• The late Pastor J. Isaiah Goodman – importance of expressing “who you love” and Church Administration
I fondly remember and am grateful to the late Pastor Philip Mann for mentoring me and providing myriad ministry opportunities.
I also appreciate the following pastors as I have been greatly blessed by their teaching, preaching and leading by precept and example:
• Bishop Donald Hilliard – spirit-filled ministry
• Pastor Marilyn Monroe – love for and dedication to the flock
• Bishop Claude Alexander – unique powerful, biblical preaching
• Bishop IV Hilliard – pastoral success advice: be a servant to people, act like God is alive & immerse yourself in the Word
• Dr. Arthur Canada – kindhearted, humble servant leadership
• Bishop TD Jakes – encouragement and motivation to reach my destiny
Lastly, thank you Bishop Lyle and Pastor Deborah Dukes for providing me with mentorship and spiritual covering through your Pastors Network.
Let’s appreciate, affirm, honor and pray for pastors not just in October but continually! http://www.doersofthewordcfc.org